Friday 3 May 2013

Introducing,Me!

Well, as many of you would've have already noticed, I am MALAYSIAN, and a proud one. However, it truly breaks my heart that I am currently not residing in my beautiful home country. I am a Malaysian girl living in Australia, who moved here when she was 16. Parting with where I would consider the most vibrant and amazing country in the world- that might just be the homesickness talking, but Malaysia is truly remarkable- has been the toughest things I have ever done in my life.

One would assume that spending 16 years in one country, one would have numerous attachments. Friends, family, and other connections. People know you, and you know people. You are perfectly happy, comfortable, surrounded by your own people. Try picturing having all of that taken from you. It is not a pretty picture. You might be thinking- look at this girl, complaining, like she is the most unfortunate person in the world. Yes, I admit, I am not, and I count all my blessings and are thankful of them. But sometimes I wonder how life would be if I never left.

I am grateful that I have a wonderful opportunity- studying in Australia- compared to Malaysia, the education here has given me so many different options and has expanded my horizons on the world, cliche as it sounds. I am grateful for the sacrifice my mother has made for me, leaving Malaysia after spending twice the time I was there would have a far greater impact on her life than hers. Many say that when you migrate, its the adults that find it the hardest to adapt, and I agree totally.

Well, I just thought that I would start a blog, an outlet for me to vent all my emotions. I love writing, wording my feelings seem to help me stay calm and improve my writing skills. Oh well, even if no one reads it, I hope that I enjoy doing this, and if you are reading, I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment